Welcome to yet another Tuesday post by yours truly!
I’ve recently made some lip balm to give away as a present, and I have to say my friend seemed to love it. It turned out super smooth and it smelled wonderfully! The steps are really simple, and you can use some things you already have lying about your house. And voilà, you’ve made a DIY gift that barely costed you any money or time!
Here are the ingredients:
- 1 tablespoon Vaseline or petroleum jelly;
- 1 teaspoon coconut oil;
- 1/3 teaspoon cocoa powder;
- 1 teaspoon sweet almond oil;
- 1/2 teaspoon honey;
- 1 teaspoon glycerin.
This is the recipe that I used, but you can adapt it to fit what you have in your house. For example, I use 1/2 teaspoon of honey, when I could’ve used vanilla essence, but I had the first and not the latter. I also added the glycerin because I’ve had it around for some time and barely use it! So see this as an opportunity to use those extra products you may have lying around your house.
The recipe itself is incredibly simple!
- Pour some hot water in a pot and boil it over low temperature.
- You can start putting the ingredients in a small bowl. Place the bowl inside the pot and stir the ingredients to make sure they combine perfectly.
- When you feel everything has melted properly and is combined, just pour the mixture in a small tin or container.
- Let it sit for a couple of hours and, once it’s solidified, ta-da, time for gift giving!
Whether you give this to a friend, make a big batch for Christmas or offer it to yourself, I think this is so easy that it really is a nice treat. And, be warned!, the scent that fills your house while making it is a sweet side-effect you’ll probably love. Best part is, you can play with the recipe however you like and make different batches every once in a while!
Tell us about your own personal favorite recipe in the comments!