Hello all! I’m sorry for publishing at 11PM but I really don’t know what’s going in – I think I’m in a writing slump. I do love to
organize everything and I’ve had a million ideas yet I’ve been exploring them… not forced but in a quite far-fetched way. So I’m really sorry about that! I don’t know how I’m going to do in November since I’ve been taking forever to sit down and write and next month will be my ‘oh my god, so many tests’ month. Let’s see! For now, we’re talking about how to take care of your blog and creative niche. These are a few ideas and thoughts I’ve collected during my blogger and reader time and I decided it would be interesting to share with you all. 🙂
- To write in a blog you need to be sure why you’re doing it. What motivates you? What makes you keeping it? Is there a message you want to share with everyone? You won’t be able to continue working on it if you’re not sure about your personal choices! Once upon a time I wrote a post about Why do we Blog and I recommend you guys to check it out 😉
- Following this topic, you also need to pick the subjects that interest you – you can’t write about what’s trendy simply because it is or to go all over the place without even enjoying it. It’s better if you talk about one single topic yet be totally passionate about it!
- It’s important to respect your personal hours and rest – to keep a total sane mind (and believe me, you can lose it by posting pressure!), you should make a schedule that makes you feel confortable. Don’t post more than what you might be able to create – you don’t have to write under pressure, it’s a hobby, right? Even if it is a dream, it will happen soon enough! No need to cry for schedules! Set a routine and it doesn’t have to be strategic, just a guideline really!
- Don’t forget to decide what do you want your blog to be – a magazine? a more personal type? Who do you want to inspire? Build your brand values.
- Also, what do you want your space to look like? Decide which platform suits your better! Do some trials and give it a go before deciding what’s better for you.
- And finally, the most important tip – don’t be afraid to risk! If it’s something that you enjoy yet it’s out of your blog’s confort zone… Just try and ask for your readers opinion. People follow your blog not because of what you write but also by who you are and how you write. Don’t stop following your creative path just because you’re scared!
And that is all for today! I hope you guys enjoyed this post and tell me how do you painters keep up with your blogs, in case you have one!