Hello, painters! The Eurovision Song Contest is an annual festival that was created after the World War II to keep Europe together in one amazing show. Each country presents a song that should be a sum up of their culture, history and tradition.
Through the years, the show has been improving – with bigger stages, better lights and much more countries, ESC became one of the biggest music events in the world.
We have made a selection of our favourite songs since 2000. Here are our favourites:
1. Paulo: Marija Šerifović – Molitva (Serbia);
2. Ângela: Alexander Rybak – Fairytale (Norway);
3. Luísa: Loreen – Euphoria (Sweden).
Portugal also participates every year in this contest. Although we never won (and we never will), we decided to choose our favourite portuguese song. We both agree that our best song is Senhora do Mar, by Vânia Fernandes.
This year’s show is tonight and we made our top 5, even though Portugal was eliminated in the second semi-final. Our top 5 is:
1. Måns Zelmerlöw – Heroes (Sweden);
2. Elhaida Dani – I’m Alive (Albania);
3. Il Volo – Grande Amore (Italy);
4. The Makemakes – I am yours (Austria);
5. Leonor Andrade – Há um mar que nos separa (Portugal).
And this is why we love ESC to death.
Luísa and Paulo ft. Angie